Suppressor Virtual Tech Transfer Event
28 May 2020
US Submissions Only & ITAR Restricted
Purpose: On 28 May, SOFWERX in collaboration with USSOCOM and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, will host a Suppressor Virtual Tech Transfer Event. The purpose of the event is to identify manufacturers that can accelerate the integration of Government provided technology into commercially available suppressors.
Why Should You Participate? Selected participants will receive at no cost:
- Active support by Lawrence Livermore National Lab (LLNL) to issue Government Purpose Rights of the Multi-Stage Bypass Technology Data Package (TDP)
- Access to LLNL ALE3D4I modeling and simulation software on LLNL computers
- Technical support to accelerate the integration of the technology into commercially available suppressors
- Multiple transferees will be selected for the opportunity
Desired Transfer Participant Attributes:
- In-depth understanding and use of Weapon Suppressor Technology
- Ability to provide or obtain expertise in multiple weapon types (e.g. handgun, rifle and/or machine gun)
- Current or planned Suppressor Manufacturing Capability that has the potential to meet the future demands of Special Operations Forces
- Ability to provide or obtain advanced modeling and simulation expertise necessary to develop and integrate the Government provided suppressor technology
- US-based manufacturers only due to ITAR restrictions
Event Overview: This event will be conducted in multiple phases:
- Completed Phase 1: 06 March – Submissions open. To submit and be considered for Phase 2 attendance, please follow the submission instructions near the bottom of this website. Submissions closed.
- Completed Phase 2: 22 April – The USSOCOM Government Stakeholders will subsequently select those respondents/submissions they feel have the highest potential to provide future suppressor solutions that meet their needs. Those favorably selected will receive an invitation on or about 28 April.
- Completed Phase 3: 05 May – Invited participants will be required to contact LLNL POC’s to being the licensing process. In parallel, participants will be provided the call-in information for Phase 4.
- Completed Phase 4: 12 May – A question and answer telecon will be conducted between SOFWERX, USSOCOM, LLNL, and the selected participants.
- Completed Phase 5: 28 May – The Suppressor Tech Transfer Event will be conducted virtually. Transferees will be afforded the opportunity to directly meet and dialogue with USSOCOM and LLNL personnel regarding the transfer, including technical Q&A and anticipated outcomes.
How You Can Participate
Industry, Academia and National Labs
- For additional information, Click Here
- Download the Quad Chart: Click Here to Download
- Complete the Submission Form: (CLOSED)
For event related questions, please contact Kinsey Crim, email@example.com
For technical related questions, please contact Shawn Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org