Special Reconnaissance (SR)
Virtual Assessment Event Series
31 May, 02 June 2022
Submissions Closed 15 April 11:59 PM ET
SOFWERX, in collaboration with SOF Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (SOF AT&L) Special Reconnaissance (PEO-SR), will host a series of virtual Assessment Events (AEs) to identify technologies and techniques to aid two (2) Program Management (PM) Offices with four (4) Technology Focus Areas (TFAs).
Technology Focus Areas (TFAs)
- PM Integrated Sensor Systems (ISS): Tactical data exfiltration (SR-FY22-01)
- PM Remote Capabilities (RC): Articulating small-UAS legs and motors paired with obstacle avoidance capabilities (SR-FY22-02)
- PM Remote Capabilities (RC): Rucksack-portable small-UAS charging hive (SR-FY22-03)
- PM Remote Capabilities (RC): UAS Signature Reduction Techniques (SR-FY22-04)
Why You Should Participate
USSOCOM seeks to enter into non-FAR or FAR-based agreements with Industry, Academic, and National Lab partners whose solutions are favorably evaluated by USSOCOM PEO-SR Subject Matter Experts. As such, these events are considered competitive in the same manner as a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) or Commercial Solutions Opening (CSO), and solutions will be evaluated independently of one another primarily for technical merit. This serves dually as notification of the intent to research the feasibility of an agreement under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b and/or Section 2371b(f), and as notice of pre-solicitation activities IAW FAR 5.204.
Completed Phase 1 – 14 March 2022 to 15 April 2022 Submissions to the Assessment Event (AE) Series Open: Interested respondents who could potentially provide solutions that meet the needs of USSOCOM are encouraged to submit their solutions for USSOCOM review. To submit your technology for potential Phase 3 attendance, please follow the submission instructions below NLT 15 April.
Completed Phase 1a – 23 March 2022 Q&A Telecon: Interested offerors may participate in a Virtual Q&A session to better understand the PM’s specific technology objectives for each of the TFAs. The telecon will take place on 23 March from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET. Click Here to RSVP (NLT 22 March)
Completed Phase 2 – 18 April 2022 to 06 May 2022 Downselect: USSOCOM will downselect those respondents/submissions they feel have the highest potential to satisfy their technology needs. Favorably evaluated submissions will receive an invitation to attend the AE o/a 09 May.
Completed Phase 3 – 31 May, 02 June 2022 Virtual Assessment Event (AE) Series: During the Virtual AE, selected participants will be allotted a one-on-one session with the USSOCOM evaluation panel to pitch, demonstrate, and/or discuss their solutions. The forum will include a Q&A portion, and discussions may continue outside of the event. Solution brief evaluation criteria will be outlined in the event invitation. If the USSOCOM evaluation panel favorably evaluates a solution brief, negotiations for Phase 4 may begin immediately.
Phase 4 – Path Forward: Successfully negotiated awards may fall under any combination of these categories:
- Other Transaction Agreements under 10 U.S. Code, Section 2371 or 2371b* (prototyping/production follow-on)
- Procurement contract for experimental purposes 10 U. S. Code, Section 2373
Business to business research and development agreement as a sub-award (15 U.S. Code, Section 3715)
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (15 U.S. Code, Section 3710a)
- *An award under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b may result in the further award of a follow-on production agreement without additional competition based on successful prototype completion. The Government may make this follow-on production award even if all successful prototype criteria are not fully met during the prototype project.
How You Can Participate
- Review the Technology Focus Areas: Click to Review
Note: Each entry is judged uniquely and, subsequently, requires a separate submission form per applicable TFA
For event-related questions, please contact Gabrielle Robles, email@example.com