Special Reconnaissance (SR)
Virtual Assessment Event Series
10-13 August 2021
Submissions Closed 08 July 11:59 PM ET
SOFWERX, in concert with SOF Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (SOF AT&L) Special Reconnaissance (PEO-SR), will host a series of Virtual Assessment Events (AEs) to identify technologies and techniques to aid four (4) Program Management (PM) Offices with eight (8) Technology Focus Areas (TFAs).
Technology Focus Areas (TFAs)
- PM Remote Capabilities (RC): Small Satellite Communications
- PM Remote Capabilities (RC): Advanced On-Orbit Processing Architectures
- PM Remote Capabilities (RC): Collaborative Autonomy for Small UAS
- PM Integrated Sensor Systems (ISS): Low-Cost Simple RF Collector
- PM Integrated Sensor Systems (ISS): Assessing Cyber Vulnerabilities
- PM Technical Collection & Communications (TCC): Remote Emplacement of Sensors/Tags
- PM Technical Collection & Communications (TCC): Maritime Tagging, Tracking, and Locating (TTL)
- PM Sensitive Site Exploitation (SSE): Biometrics
Why You Should Participate
USSOCOM seeks to enter into non-FAR or FAR-based agreements with Industry, Academic, and National Lab partners whose solutions are favorably evaluated by USSOCOM PEO-SR Subject Matter Experts. As such, these events are considered competitive in the same manner as a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) or Commercial Solutions Opening (CSO), and solutions will be evaluated independently of one another primarily for technical merit. This serves dually as notification of the intent to research the feasibility of an agreement under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b and/or Section 2371b(f), and as notice of pre-solicitation activities IAW FAR 5.204.
Completed Phase 1 – 04 May 2021 to 08 July 2021 Submissions to the Assessment Event (AE) Open: Interested respondents who could potentially provide solutions that meet the needs of USSOCOM are encouraged to submit their solutions for USSOCOM review. To submit your technology for potential Phase 3 attendance, please follow the submission instructions NLT 08 July 2021.
Completed Phase 1b – 25 May 2021 to 26 May 2021 Q&A Telecons: Interested offerors may participate in a Virtual Q&As session to better understand the PM’s specific technology objectives for each of the TFAs. The four (4) telecons will take place over two days. RSVP to the relevant telecon below.
Completed Phase 2 – 09 July 2021 to 22 July 2021 Downselect: USSOCOM will downselect those respondents/submissions they feel have the highest potential to satisfy their technology needs. Favorably evaluated submissions will receive an invitation to attend the AE o/a 26 July 2021.
Phase 3 – 10 August 2021 to 13 August 2021 Virtual Assessment Event (AE): During the Virtual AE, selected participants will be allotted a one-on-one session with the USSOCOM evaluation panel to pitch, demonstrate, and/or discuss their solutions. The forum will include a Q&A portion, and discussions may continue outside of the event. Solution brief evaluation criteria will be outlined in the event invitation. If the USSOCOM evaluation panel favorably evaluates a solution brief, negotiations for Phase 4 may begin immediately.
Phase 4 – Path Forward: Successfully negotiated awards may fall under any combination of these categories:
- Other Transaction Agreements under 10 U.S. Code, Section 2371 or 2371b* (prototyping/production follow-on)
- Procurement contract for experimental purposes 10 U. S. Code, Section 2373
Business to business research and development agreement as a sub-award (15 U.S. Code, Section 3715)
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (15 U.S. Code, Section 3710a)
- *An award under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b may result in the further award of a follow-on production agreement without additional competition based on successful prototype completion. The Government may make this follow-on production award even if all successful prototype criteria are not fully met during the prototype project.
How You Can Participate
Submissions Closed 08 July 2021
For event-related questions, please contact Claire Hawley, [email protected]