SOF Small Arms Weapons Assessment Event (AE) Series
31 August – 02 September 2021
Submit NLT 02 August 12:00 PM ET
SOFWERX, in collaboration with USSOCOM PEO SOF Warrior (PEO-SW), will host a series of Assessment Events (AE) to identify solutions to the 1) Lightweight Machine Gun Medium (LMG-M), 2) Medium Range Gas Gun – Assault (MRGG-A), and 3) Medium Range Gas Gun – Sniper (MRGG-S).
Why You Should Participate
USSOCOM seeks to enter into non-FAR or FAR-based agreements with Industry, Academic, and National Lab partners whose solutions are favorably evaluated by USSOCOM PEO-SW Subject Matter Experts. As such, the AE is considered competitive in the same manner as a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) or Commercial Solutions Opening (CSO), and solutions will be evaluated independently of one another primarily for technical merit. This serves dually as notification of the intent to research the feasibility of an agreement under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b and/or Section 2371b(f), and as notice of pre-solicitation activities IAW FAR 5.204.
Phase 1 – 09 July 2021 to 02 August 2021 Submissions to the Assessment Event (AE) Open: Interested respondents who could potentially provide solutions that meet the needs of USSOCOM are encouraged to submit their solutions for USSOCOM review. To submit your technology for potential Phase 3 attendance, please follow the submission instructions below NLT 02 August 2021.
- Questions Due – 19 July 2021: Interested offerors may submit questions regarding specific technology objectives or in preparation for the Solutions Brief. Responses to submitted questions will be posted via a link below o/a 23 July.
Phase 2 – 03 August 2021 to 10 August 2021 Downselect: USSOCOM will downselect those respondents/submissions they feel have the highest potential to satisfy their technology needs. This effort is also available to non-traditional defense contractors. A non-traditional defense contractor is an entity that is not currently performing and has not performed, for at least the one-year period preceding the solicitation of sources by DoD for the procurement or transaction, any contract or subcontract for DoD that is subject to full coverage under the cost accounting standards prescribed pursuant to 41 U.S.C. § 1502 and the regulations implementing such section. Favorably evaluated submissions will receive an invitation to attend the AE o/a 11 August 2021.
Phase 3 – 31 August 2021 to 02 September 2021 Assessment Event (AE): During the AE, selected participants will be allotted a one-on-one session with the USSOCOM evaluation panel to pitch, demonstrate, and/or discuss their solutions. The forum will include a Q&A portion, and discussions may continue outside of the event. Solution brief evaluation criteria will be outlined in the event invitation. Note: This phase will be conducted in person at the SOFWERX facility. Hardware MUST BE brought onsite.
Phase 4 – Path Forward: Phase 4 selectees will be asked to attend and physically demonstrate their product in a “Shoot Off” to demonstrate accuracy. Time and place TBD. The determination of success will be finalized at a Military Utility Assessment. Time and place TBD. Successfully negotiated awards may fall under any combination of these categories:
- Other Transaction Agreements under 10 U.S. Code, Section 2371 or 2371b* (prototyping/production follow-on)
- Procurement contract for experimental purposes 10 U. S. Code, Section 2373
Business to business research and development agreement as a sub-award (15 U.S. Code, Section 3715)
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (15 U.S. Code, Section 3710a)
- *An award under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b may result in the further award of a follow-on production agreement without additional competition based on successful prototype completion. The Government may make this follow-on production award even if all successful prototype criteria are not fully met during the prototype project.
How You Can Participate
- Review Desirements for each Small Arms Weapon:
- Review Q&A Document: Click Here to Download
- Download the White Paper Template: Click Here to Download
- Download the Quad Chart Template: Click Here to Download
- Complete the Submission Form: Click Here to Submit (NLT 02 August 12:00 PM ET)
Note: Each entry is judged uniquely and, subsequently, requires a separate submission form per each Small Arms Weapon
For event-related questions, please contact Kinsey Crim, [email protected]