Multi-Capable Distribution Platform (MCDP)
Assessment Event (AE)
15-17 November 2022
Submit NLT 21 October 2022 11:59 PM ET
SOFWERX, in collaboration with USSOCOM Program Executive Office – Special Operations Forces Support Activity (PEO-SOFSA) will host a series of events to identify solutions to provide long range resupply via a multi-capable distribution platform (MCDP) in a contested environment.
PEO-SOFSA will explore emerging capabilities to meet known capability gaps to provide long range resupply via an MCDP in a contested environment involving low observable characteristics, autonomous between launch and recovery, GPS-hardened (includes alternate navigation capability(s), that is air transportable and uses standard aviation (e.g., Jet A) or ground fuels.
Why You Should Participate
USSOCOM seeks to enter into non-FAR or FAR based agreements with Industry, Academia, and National Lab partners whose solutions are favorably evaluated by PEO-SOFSA Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). As such, the follow-on Assessment Event (AE) is considered competitive and solutions will be evaluated independently of one another primarily for technical merit. This serves dually as notification of the intent to research the feasibility of an agreement under 10 U.S. Code, Section 4022 and/or Section 4022(f), and as notice of pre-solicitation activities IAW FAR 5.204.
Phase 1 – 22 September 2022 to 21 October 2022 Submissions to the Assessment Event (AE) Open: Interested respondents who could potentially provide solutions that meet the needs of USSOCOM are encouraged to submit their capability for USSOCOM review. To submit your technology for potential Phase 3 attendance, please review the assessment criteria and follow the submission instructions at the bottom of this webpage.
Phase 1a – 13 October 2022 Virtual Q&A Telecon: Interested offerors may participate in a virtual Q&A session to better understand the PM’s specific technology objectives. The telecon will take place on 13 October from 2:00-3:00 PM ET. Click Here to RSVP (NLT 12 October at 11:59 PM ET)
Phase 2 – 24 October 2022 to 28 October 2022 Downselect: USSOCOM will downselect those respondents/submissions they feel have the highest potential to satisfy their technology needs. Favorably evaluated submissions will receive an invitation to attend the AE o/a 31 October 2022.
Phase 3 – 15 November 2022 to 17 November 2022 Assessment Event (AE): During the AE, selected participants will be allotted a one-on-one session with the USSOCOM evaluation panel to pitch, demonstrate, and/or discuss their solutions. The forum will include a Q&A portion and discussions may continue outside of the event. Solution brief presentation guidelines will be outlined in the event invitation and solutions will be assessed according to the criteria in the link provided below. If the USSOCOM evaluation panel favorably evaluates a solution brief, negotiations for Phase 4 may immediately begin.
This event might be held in person at SOFWERX. Final location TBD.
Phase 4 – Path Forward: Successfully negotiated awards may fall under any combination of these categories:
- Business to business research and development agreement as a sub-award through the SOFWERX Partnership Intermediary Agreement (PIA) (15 U.S. Code Section 3715)
- OTA for research or prototype projects (10 U.S. Code Sections 4021, 4022)
- An award under 10 U. S. Code, Section 4022 may result in the further award of a follow-on production agreement without additional competition based on successful prototype completion. The Government may make this follow-on production award even if all successful prototype criteria are not fully met during the prototype project.
- Procurement for experimental purposes (10 U.S. Code Section 4023)
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (15 U.S. Code Section 3710a)
- Prizes for advanced technology achievements (10 U. S. Code Section 4025) and/or prize competitions (15 U.S. Code 3719)
- FAR-based procurement contract
- Awardees may need to be compliant with NIST SP 800-171, Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) in Non-Federal Systems and Organization
How You Can Participate
- RSVP to Attend the 13 October Q&A Telecon: Click Here to RSVP (NLT 12 October 11:59 PM ET)
- Review Assessment Criteria: Click Here to Review
- Download the White Paper Template: Click Here to Review
- Complete the Submission Form: Click Here to Submit (NLT 21 October 11:59 PM ET)
For event-related questions, please contact Claire Hawley, email@example.com