Unattended Maritime Systems (UMS) Optical Subsystem Assessment Event (AE)
09 November 2021
Submissions Closed 22 October 12:00 PM ET
SOFWERX, in collaboration with USSOCOM PEO Special Reconnaissance (PEO-SR) Program Management (PM) Office Technical Collection & Communications (TCC), will host an Assessment Event (AE) to identify technologies and techniques for Unattended Maritime Systems (UMS), in particular the SV-3 Wave Glider.
This effort seeks to develop a prototype optical subsystem design for Unattended Maritime Systems (UMS), in particular the SV-3 Wave Glider. The prototype optical subsystem will be integrated onto the SV-3 in time for a demonstration at a test event in July 2022.
Why You Should Participate
USSOCOM seeks to enter into non-FAR or FAR-based agreements with Industry, Academic, and National Lab partners whose solutions are favorably evaluated by USSOCOM PEO-SR Subject Matter Experts. As such, these events are considered competitive in the same manner as a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) or Commercial Solutions Opening (CSO), and solutions will be evaluated independently of one another primarily for technical merit. This serves dually as notification of the intent to research the feasibility of an agreement under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b and/or Section 2371b(f), and as notice of pre-solicitation activities IAW FAR 5.204.
Completed Phase 1 – 20 September 2021 to 22 October 2021 Submissions to the Assessment Event (AE) Open: Interested respondents who could potentially provide solutions that meet the needs of USSOCOM are encouraged to submit their solutions for USSOCOM review. To submit your technology for potential Phase 3 attendance, please follow the submission instructions NLT 22 October 2021 12:00 PM ET.
Completed Phase 1a – 29 September 2021: Interested offerors may participate in a virtual Q&A session to better understand the intent of the event by USSOCOM. The telecon will take place on 29 September from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET. Click Here to RSVP (NLT 28 September)
Completed Phase 2 – 25 October 2021 to 26 October 2021 Downselect: USSOCOM will downselect those respondents/submissions they feel have the highest potential to satisfy their technology needs. Favorably evaluated submissions will receive an invitation to attend the AE o/a 27 October 2021.
Completed Phase 3 – 09 November 2021 Virtual Assessment Event (AE): During the Virtual AE, selected participants will be allotted a one-on-one session with the USSOCOM evaluation panel to pitch, demonstrate, and/or discuss their solutions. The forum will include a Q&A portion, and discussions may continue outside of the event. Solution brief evaluation criteria will be outlined in the event invitation. If the USSOCOM evaluation panel favorably evaluates a solution brief, negotiations for Phase 4 may begin immediately.
Phase 4 – Path Forward: Successfully negotiated awards may fall under any combination of these categories:
- Other Transaction Agreements under 10 U.S. Code, Section 2371 or 2371b* (prototyping/production follow-on)
- Procurement contract for experimental purposes 10 U. S. Code, Section 2373
Business to business research and development agreement as a sub-award (15 U.S. Code, Section 3715)
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (15 U.S. Code, Section 3710a)
- *An award under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b may result in the further award of a follow-on production agreement without additional competition based on successful prototype completion. The Government may make this follow-on production award even if all successful prototype criteria are not fully met during the prototype project.
- Review the Problem Statement & Standards/Desirements: Click Here to Review
- Review the 29 September Q&A Telecon Transcript: Click Here to Review
- Review the Wave Glider Spec Sheet: Click Here to Review
For event-related questions, please contact Kinsey Crim, email@example.com