Dry Combat Submersible (DCS) Weight Reduction Virtual Assessment Event (AE)
29-30 June 2021
Submit NLT 01 June 11:59 PM ET
SOFWERX, in concert with USSOCOM PEO-Maritime (PEO-M), will host a Virtual Assessment Event (AE) to identify techniques and technologies to reduce the dry and wet weight of the Dry Combat Submersible (DCS).
The external panels of the DCS provide a hydrodynamic and environmental protection surface, protection for equipment mounted to the outside of the pressure vessel, and a structural surface for sea-floor “bottoming” during operations. PEO-M is exploring options available to reduce both the dry weight (weight out of water) and wet weight (weight in the water) with the priority on wet weight, through the use of advanced materials, composite designs, and manufacturing techniques.
Why You Should Participate
USSOCOM seeks to enter into non-FAR or FAR-based agreements with Industry, Academic, and National Lab partners whose solutions are favorably evaluated by USSOCOM PEO-M Subject Matter Experts. As such, the AE is considered competitive in the same manner as a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) or Commercial Solutions Opening (CSO), and solutions will be evaluated independently of one another primarily for technical merit. This serves dually as notification of the intent to research the feasibility of an agreement under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b and/or Section 2371b(f), and as notice of pre-solicitation activities IAW FAR 5.204.
Phase 1 – 03 May 2021 to 01 June 2021 Submissions to the Assessment Event (AE) Open: Interested respondents who could potentially provide solutions that meet the needs of USSOCOM are encouraged to submit their solutions for USSOCOM review. To submit your technology for potential Phase 3 attendance, please follow the submission instructions below NLT 01 June 2021.
Phase 1b – 13 May 2021 Q&A Telecon: Interested offerors may participate in a Virtual Q&A session to better
understand specific technology objectives in preparation for their white papers. The telecon will take place on
13 May 2021 from 1300-1400 ET. Click Here to RSVP and Submit Questions (NLT 12 May)
Phase 2 – 02 June 2021 to 14 June 2021 Downselect: USSOCOM will downselect those respondents/submissions they feel have the highest potential to satisfy their technology needs. Favorably evaluated submissions will receive an invitation to attend the AE o/a 15 June 2021.
Phase 3 – 29 June 2021 to 30 June 2021 Virtual Assessment Event (AE): During the Virtual AE, selected participants will be allotted a one-on-one session with the USSOCOM evaluation panel to pitch, demonstrate, and/or discuss their solutions. The forum will include a Q&A portion, and discussions may continue outside of the event. Solution brief evaluation criteria will be outlined in the event invitation. If the USSOCOM evaluation panel favorably evaluates a solution brief, negotiations for Phase 4 may begin immediately.
Phase 4 – Path Forward: Successfully negotiated awards may fall under any combination of these categories:
- Other Transaction Agreements under 10 U.S. Code, Section 2371 or 2371b* (prototyping/production follow-on)
- Procurement contract for experimental purposes 10 U. S. Code, Section 2373
Business to business research and development agreement as a sub-award (15 U.S. Code, Section 3715)
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (15 U.S. Code, Section 3710a)
- *An award under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b may result in the further award of a follow-on production agreement without additional competition based on successful prototype completion. The Government may make this follow-on production award even if all successful prototype criteria are not fully met during the prototype project.
How You Can Participate
- Review Required Documents: Click Here to Review (As of 04 May)
- Review the 13 May Q&A Telecon Notes: Will be Available o/a 25 May
- Download the White Paper Template: Click Here to Download
- Complete the Submission Form: Click Here to Submit (NLT 01 June)
For event-related questions, please contact Lindsay Horst, [email protected]