Undersea (PEO-M) Battery Charger Assessment Event (AE)
10-11 January 2023
Submissions Closed 06 December 2022 11:59 PM ET
U.S. Citizens Only
SOFWERX, in collaboration with USSOCOM Program Executive Office-Maritime Undersea (PEO-M), will host an Assessment Event (AE) to identify solutions for the submersible vehicle programs Battery Charger.
The PEO-M submersible vehicle programs requires a charging solution to be installed on a host vessel to charge the Main Batteries on the submersible during transport. The Power Supply shall have well defined interfaces and will need to meet current and planned future capabilities. The solution will need to fit in a predefined space and interface with existing host vessel infrastructure.
Why You Should Participate
USSOCOM seeks to enter into non-FAR or FAR-based agreements with Industry, Academic, and National Lab partners whose solutions are favorably evaluated by PEO-M Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). As such, the follow-on Assessment Event (AE) is considered competitive and solutions will be evaluated independently of one another primarily for technical merit. This serves dually as notification of the intent to research the feasibility of an agreement under 10 U.S. Code, Section 4022 and/or Section 4022(f), and as notice of pre-solicitation activities IAW FAR 5.204.
Completed Phase 1 – 08 November 2022 to 06 December 2022 Submissions to the Assessment Event (AE) Open: Interested respondents who could potentially provide solutions that meet the needs of USSOCOM are encouraged to submit their capability for USSOCOM review. To submit your technology for potential Phase 3 attendance, please review the assessment criteria and follow the submission instructions that will be near the bottom of this webpage on/around 08 November.
Completed Phase 1a – 16 November 2022 Q&A Telecon: Interested offerors may participate in a virtual Q&A session to better understand the PM’s specific technology objectives. The telecon will take place on 16 November from 3:00–4:00 PM ET.
Completed Phase 2 – 07 December 2022 to 16 December 2022 Downselect: USSOCOM will downselect those respondents/submissions they feel have the highest potential to satisfy their technology needs. Favorably evaluated submissions will receive an invitation to attend the AE on/around 19 December.
Completed Phase 3 – 10 January 2023 to 11 January 2023 Assessment Event (AE): During the AE, selected participants will be allotted a one-on-one session with the USSOCOM evaluation panel to pitch, demonstrate, and/or discuss their solutions. The forum will include a Q&A portion, and discussions may continue outside of the event. Solution brief presentation guidelines will be outlined in the event invitation and solutions will be assessed according to the criteria in the link provided below. If the USSOCOM evaluation panel favorably evaluates a solution brief, negotiations for Phase 4 may immediately begin.
This event will be held in person at SOFWERX, but will have a virtual component.
Phase 4 – Path Forward: Successfully negotiated awards may fall under any combination of these categories:
- Business to business research and development agreement as a sub-award through the SOFWERX Partnership Intermediary Agreement (PIA) (15 U.S. Code Section 3715)
- OTA for research or prototype projects (10 U.S. Code Sections 4021, 4022)
- An award under 10 U. S. Code, Section 4022 may result in the further award of a follow-on production agreement without additional competition based on successful prototype completion. The Government may make this follow-on production award even if all successful prototype criteria are not fully met during the prototype project.
- Procurement for experimental purposes (10 U.S. Code Section 4023)
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (15 U.S. Code Section 3710a)
- Prizes for advanced technology achievements (10 U. S. Code Section 4025) and/or prize competitions (15 U.S. Code 3719)
- FAR-based procurement contract
NOTE: Awardees may need to be compliant with NIST SP 800-171, Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) in Non-Federal Systems and Organizations
How You Can Participate
Industry, Academia, National Labs, and Non-Traditional Attendees
- Review Q&A Telecon Transcript: Click Here to Review
- Review Assessment Criteria: Click Here to Review
- Review Request for Information (RFI): Click Here to Review
For event-related questions, please contact Lindsay Horst, email@example.com